Monday, February 25, 2008

2nd Annual Oscar Party

Last night we hosted our Second Annual Oscar Party which is a little bit funny considering our little place is pretty tight, but we packed in as many as we could!

For the second year, we all filled out Oscar ballots (see previous entry). Adam was the early favorite in the competition but in the end, the birthday girl Jaime had a strong showing as well to tie with Adam for first place with 15 correct categories - congrats!


The new element that we added this year was the requirement of a food item that was related to an Oscar nominee (person or film). It was so fun to see what everyone came up with! Here's what all we had:

3:10 to Yummy Pizza
Diving Bell Peppers and the Butterfly
From Juno: Sunny D, Hot Pockets, tic-tacs!
Norbits in a Blanket
Johnny Dipp
Chicken Noodle Souperbad (not really a nominted film, but should have been, right? jk!)
Ratatouille Cheese and Fruit Platter
Michael Caketon
Atone-Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Best Hair and Ma-kup Cakes

Did I miss anything? There were so many great dishes! Here's some visuals:






It was a fun night of (mostly) friendly competition and great food! FYI I also posted some thoughts about my favorite acceptance speech on my photoblog this morning! How precious was Marketa?

10 comments:

Melissa P. said...

so fun!! we had a great time with the oscar food idea last year...it is crazy to see what people come up with!

Callen and Michael Martin said...

I heart Once!! Your party was fabulous and the food was SO super creative!!!

Robin said...

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/ Please see #74. :)

Rebecca said...

that baby test looks like it's been used.

Mary said...

Robin - that's incredible!

Rebs - no comment.

Whitney Akin said...

hilarious and yummy.

Allison said...

These are hilarious!

emily said...

all I could think to make was red carpet red velvet cup cakes....but yalls creativity is amazing!!!

ps i'm thinking maybe a trip to CA is the perfect "You ran the 1/2 marathon" reward to myself...thoughts?

Melissa said...

how fun!

i agree with reba.

Sarah said...

You guys so should have had There Will Be Milkshakes. In all of the ads I heard for that, they played the part where DDL says, "I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!" which sounds way lame out of context.