Monday, July 09, 2007

Santa Barbara Day: Part 1

Yes, I've fallen behind in my blogging - so here's catch up blog from a couple of weeks ago!

The day after we saw Callen and Mike, Adam and I woke up at the crack of dawn for an early morning drive up to Santa Barbara - about 3 hours away. After a lucky stumble upon a Chick-fil-a for breakfast, we finally ended at our destination - Carpinteria State Beach. Where? Yup - kind of random but all in good purpose as we were actually there for a photo shoot. It was such a fun morning as we got to hide out on the beach and document our friend Frank proposing to now-fiance Diane! I've ALWAYS wanted to do a shoot like this and so I was really excited. Frank and I plotted and planned - he had driven up to Santa Barbara and scouted the perfect place to pop the big question and drawn maps, etc. to lead Adam and I to his spot on the beach. Everything went exactly as planned, thankfully! Frank and Diane arrived and went for a romantic stroll along the beach:


Then he dropped down with the big question and a beautiful ring!


She was incredibly surprised, which, as you all know, I love surprises so I was probably more excited than she was! Of course, she was probably most surprised when Frank turned and pointed out the people in the trees taking photos and videoing the whole event!

Adam and I realized later that they would be able to hear our whole commentary since Adam was videoing the series of events. Their romantic video of the proposal is eclipsed by Adam and I going "Come on, Frank, just ask her!" and "oh, keep walking towards us - you're too far - no, wait - too far! Come back!" and they said their personal favorite was as Frank drops to his knee on the video Adam says "Atta boy, Frank!".

It was such a fun morning and such an honor to be a part of those special moments in their lives. Everything went great and was topped off by the fact that Diane randomly decided to wear the dress that she wore on their first date that day! What a fun coincidence! You can see a few more of their pictures here. Congrats to the newly-engageds!

Adam and I spent the rest of the day exploring Santa Barbara - more info to come about this soon!

2 comments:

Melissa P. said...

great pictures!

Rebecca said...

ha!! that is hilarious that their video includes the director's commentary now!