
Monday afternoon I finished HP6. I didn't think I would make it in time for the release of 7, but I cranked through the second half pretty quickly.
I've decided that 6 is officially my favorite for a variety of trite reasons (warning: vague plot references below):
1) Harry never faces Voldemort directly.
2) More romantic involvement between main characters.
3) Less people being mean to Harry throughout the book.
5) Lauren slipped and told me the big plot climax at the end so I was emotionally prepared for the loss.
4) A desire to read 7 sooner rather than later; after the other books I've needed to take a few months off before tackling the next one.
My favorite up to this point has been HP4, mainly due to reason 3 listed above.
My husband has been plotting about the best way to obtain HP7 - apparently there's strategy involved. He read a story about how when HP6 came out, some guy bought the book, skimmed the final chapter, and drove around shouting out who dies, thereby spoiling the book for all of the eager little witches and wizards in line to obtain their copies. So he's planning to use me as a pawn - sending me out to get the book first thing Saturday morning (he doesn't care if its spoiled for me), and refusing to have any contact with the outside world (internet, TV, leaving the house, etc.) until he's finished it. It's going to be a fun weekend.
Will you be reading HP7 this weekend?
10 comments:
Heck yes I will be reading this weekend. Thomas is "allowing" me to read it first because my birthday was this week. Plus, he'll be preparing for the Bar, but he doesn't really count that as a reason.
I am trying to decide the best way to get out book, too. Maybe it would be best to go at like 7 on Saturday morning, after the rush and hopefully no crazies will be out spoiling it for us.
Good luck!
YAY YAY YAY!!!!
HP spoiler low lifes are evil.
-Andy P.
i forgot that you have that thing about people being mean to Harry. We are going to a party at the Vroman's down the street. Will definitely be reading it this weekend.
I have tears down my face from this post Mary! I am only 200 pages into The Order of the Phoenix...sad! I'll probably finish it this weekend but i still have to read Year 6 before I can read Year 7....I'm DYING here!!! How will I avoid the media!!! I only started reading then in January...what did i catch on so late? I am serioulsy stressing out!!!!
i am so glad there is someone watching over adam to protect him from the spoilers. you are a very good wife. you deserve a trip( or two) to golden spoon to stock up for your reading!!!! have fun!!
andy and i are going away for the weekend for our anniversary and apparently HP7 is coming with us...how romantic is that???
Please see how sweet my wife is in her eagerness to comment on this public blog about her profiting from my misfortune. If she tells me what happens, she may get shunned until her next birthday.
grey's minus the ks. so pretty much just the bad stuff and none of the good.
actually i accidently posted that blog and when i reread it, it sounds really depressing. it's really not, i usually laugh about it later when i get yelled at. i just hate it when i disappoint the nice surgeon. plus i get to see really cool stuff almost everyday.
did you party it up last night at the bookstore??
Um, yes -- actually, already finished. By far my favorite!
Post a Comment