Monday, January 28, 2008

Weekend Re-Cap

Here are some descriptive words and personal anecdotes about my weekend:

1) Two words: Rock Band. Oh man - it's incredible. If only I'd had my camera! My fav is drums, though I seem to be best at bass. I'm excitedly looking foward to the day they come out with "Alt Folk Band" or "Acoustic Band" - those songs might be more my speed.

2) Lots of work

3) Rainy season in OC!

4) Analyze this: I have a recurring dream that I have excess amounts of extra-sticky bubble gum in my mouth that I can't get out and I'm trying and trying to scrape it out with my hands but I can never get it. I know what you're thinking, how traumatic can a dream about bubble gum really be but it's giving me the creeps just thinking about it now. And I had it this weekend. Yesterday Adam and I rehearsed the scenario of him using a magic vacuum to suck the gum out of my mouth instantly. I keep telling him it's too sticky and it will never work but he seems convinced . . . so I'm trying to pre-visualize that in my head. I'll let you know how it turns out next time.

5) Mike Erre gave a great sermon on the necessity of the Holy Spirit in our lives. It was really great and convicting. I like our church.

6) Scrabble is such a great boardgame. Adam and I play it a lot just the two of us. It's more fun than Settlers for 2.

7)The Tivo is starting to fill up so we cleaned it out a little this weekend. Highlights included Oprah's Favorite things from 07 - maybe I teared up a little bit. Shout out to Macon, GA! And a mini-marathon of OC Housewives. You can't not love it!

Have a great week!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

I am laughing so hard about your dream. That is great!

Melissa said...

Sounds like such a fun weekend! This is weird, but I totally had a dream recently about my mouth being too full of bubble gum, too. It was horrible. I can definitely relate. I've only had it once, though.

Thomas and I love to play speed Scrabble. I will teach it to you next time we're together. It's as fun as Scrabble with a bit more competition and room to get mad at each other, which, can be dangerous :)

Love you!

Anonymous said...

I have the recurring bubble gum dream too! I'm constantly pulling huge strings out of my mouth, but it never decreases the amount in my mouth! And then I have trouble breathing because it's clogging up my throat. Oh, you may have tapped into THE PSYCHOSIS of our generation!

What's the statute of limitations on psychological distress? Can we rally America to file a Class Action lawsuit against Big League Chew or Bubble Tape?

-Andy Ross

(I also have recurring roller coaster dreams and dreams where all my teeth are falling out. Maybe I shouldn't be the "front man" in this lawsuit.)

Callen and Michael Martin said...

oh mary..from one psyc major to another....if you can't figure out your dream on your own then no one can!!

my reoccurring dream involves Balki, the cousin from perfect strangers...he's chasing me...its weird but i had it again recently.

what is the deal with all the bubble gum dreams? suffication?

A&L King said...

thank you for introducing me to scrabble

Shannon said...

Josh remembered the "best of the best"...it was exactly what you thought, but about Thomas Richie. Ha ha! I think one of Josh's teachers said that. Anyway, impressive memory! Also, I'm dying to play Rock Band. I think if I had to guess...I would be best at singing. What do you think? :)