Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Jackpot!!


On Sunday, Adam and I went to Ralph's (the western version of Kroger's) for our weekly grocery run. Luckily, I stumbled across a most delightful discovery: Easter candy. I'm a sucker for 2 things: 1) a good bargain and 2) chocolate. So as you can imagine, I was on cloud 9!

There were definitely three grocery carts filled with Easter candy for . . . guess how much a bag (I played this game with Adam in the middle of aisle 9). $1.00? Nope. 75 cents? Nope. 50 cents? Nope.

25 cents. 25 CENTS! What a steal! At first I thought it was all Peeps and off-brand chocolate bunnies filled with that mysterious white substance that resembles marshmallows.



But the deeper I dug, I discovered the good stuff. Thats right - we bought 5 bags ($1.25 total!!) of Crunch Eggs, Reese's Eggs (the hard kind), a different type of Reese's Eggs (the soft kind), and assorted Hershey's miniatures. Anyone like Mr. Goodbar? Unfortunately they still aren't any better when wrapped in pretty Easter colors.



The very sad ending to this story is that as soon as we got home, my husband proceeded to hide the candy from me in various locations all over the house. He was muttering something about me eating it all in one sitting . . . I'm not really sure what he was referring to. Don't tell him that I found the Reese's eggs in the blue casserole dish this morning.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

ha!! love the photoshop and happy to hear that adam is taking good care of you.

adam said...

booooooo...i get home before you tonight. don't think i won't re-hide them.

and for the 1 trillionth time, it's KROGER, not kroger's...

Anonymous said...

hah thats so great. i love that you bought 5 bags and he hid them. someone needs to hide my chocolate from me. and i agree--mr goodbars are always the ones left (the milk choc and krackles are always the first to go. ps--i say kroger's also! were you ever going to post the choc cake recipe? dont think we have forgotten!

Rachel said...

he he he! Daren says Kroger's too!

Katie and Shae said...

i am SO offended - i love mr goodbar

my address is ....