
1. Good News: Yes, this is your friendly reminder that our national television debut is in about 36 hours - it's this Wed. April 9. Woohoo. Check your local listings for the Price Is Right and watch for yours truly, Adam, and the rockstar Daniel. I think it comes on at 10am here in CA, & also probably comes on at 10 for you central-timed folks but don't take my word for it. We are sitting center, 3 rows back. But the first row is empty in the middle for the contestants to sit in so really there's only 1 row of people in front of us. Does that make sense? It could be hilarious . . . I can't wait!

2. Bad News: Keeping with the theme of national television, I went to go see a taping of Deal or No Deal today with my mom and grandmother who are in town! We were a little overwhelmed to hear that the whole taping could last for up to 5 hours. Whew - really? Is all of that necessary? How long does it take to open a couple of suitcases? But we decided to go for it anyway.
So we got there at 2:00 only to find out that it had gotten postponed to 3:30 because the contestant on the morning taping was taking a REALLY long time on her game. So we came back at 3:30 and waited another hour as she was still going and finally the producers came out to say that she had taken so long that they were canceling the rest of the tapings for the day. So, after all of that - no taping. Their consolation to all of us was that they would let us come back for the 9:00am taping tomorrow morning (boo) or . . .
3. Good news: . . . or there were some casting people on set if any of us were interested in auditioning to be a contestant on the show - jackpot! So I got a couple of minutes in front of a Deal or No Deal caster and we seemed to click. She got my phone number and asked me to email her some info and a couple of recent photos of myself AND said to call her if I didn't hear back from her in a couple of days. I'm sure it's still minimal odds but it's still fun to think about what if I got to be on the show! I'll let you know if I hear back from her!
11 comments:
This is moving to the top of my prayer list. PLEASE keep me posted!
Awesome! Please call her in a few days and see if you can be on in May when we are there! That would be incredible and we could help cheer you on!
Mary that's AWESOME!!! I'm so jealous! I've wanted to open those suitcases for forever!
Mary!!! This is amazing!!! Let her know some of your bffs will be in town in May and we will act like crazy sorority girls to get on the show!!! OMG...pick case 17 okay?
Woh. That would be so freaking awesome. I mean, you are guaranteed at least a couple hundred grand if you keep your head about you. Best of luck!
ps. That show makes me crazy, but if you are on, I will watch. Just promise not to take five minutes to stare at the audience and come up with an answer.
UnBELIEVABLE! You're crazy! What fun!
you are turning into michael!!! go mary!!
mary, you are amazing! im completely jealous! thats awesome. dont worry, i set my DVR to record the price is right a week ago, the earliest i could set it to record. i cant wait to get home and watch it!
keep us updated on deal or no deal. i love it! so fun! cant wait to see you NEXT WEEK!
Just finished watching the Price is Right. That was awesome. I was cheering out loud for Daniel. 90 cents rarely gets beaten. What are the chances! Man! I would go nuts if you were on Deal or No Deal. I really hope it comes true!!!
seriously...you may be about to bump michael out of his lucky rosenbaum spot!!
watched price is right today! yall were so fun. i loved watching yall. looks like a blast!
Post a Comment