
As I think back on our wedding, I think my best decision of the event (besides, of course, my spouse!) was our photographer, Jason Wallis. When I first graduated from college and decided to go out on a limb to pursue the whole photography thing, I interned at a magazine called Portico in Birmingham, AL. Jason was one of the staff photographers at the time and I ended up learning so much more from him than the guy I was actually supposed to be working for! Jason let me tag along with him on shoots and most importantly answered my endless stream of questions as I learned how to meter manually, what the heck is white balance, how to shoot in low light, etc., etc. So much of how I shoot now is because of what I learned from him. When I got engaged I knew that he had to be my photographer - luckily we were able to coordinate our schedules and he made the whole day amazing! I was so relaxed and had so much fun because of him and we LOVE the pictures that he has sent us. What a treasure that we will enjoy for the rest of our lives. If you live anywhere in the vicinity of Birmingham, you should probably call him to shoot your wedding, children's pictures, family portrait, birthday party, ummm . . . really anything you can think of. He traveled to Nashville for my wedding, so don't let distance deter you! He's amazing! Check out his recently updated website and also the slideshow he made us of wedding highlights. And call him. To take your picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment